Effective Date: 27 April 2020
About this policyThank you for choosing Islam Channel Giving, the trading name for The Dawah Project which is located at 428-432 Ley Street, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7BS (registered charity number: 1133424).
For more details about cookies and how you may control them, please see our Cookie Notice below.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various service providers in order to process your data more effectively.
While using our Service we may ask for and collect certain information provided by you. Some of the types of personal information collected has been listed below:
- Name, title, user name, password, postal address, email address, country, credentials
- Phone number, device data
- Time, date, duration, pages viewed
- The resources that you access or online services that you use
- IP address, operating system, browser type
We may also send you a two-factor authentication link to your email or mobile device to gain secure access to your account in the future.
PaymentsOur service will include paid services (to take donations), for this we will use a third-party service for payment processing.
There are several reasons why we collect your data, some of these have been listed below:
- To deliver, preserve, upgrade and maintain our service to you
- To inform you about amendments to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- To provide a great customer support service
- To administer donations, including Gift Aid where applicable, either by us directly or your chosen charity
- To gather and examine information so that we can improve our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To allow charities and not-for-profit organisations to process your donation and to contact you to provide more details about your donation, and other related information.
- To notify charities and advise them of the donation you have made to them;
- To help us prevent fraud
- For legal reasons including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How we keep your personal information secureWe take privacy issues very seriously and we understand that keeping your personal information secure is very important to you.
When handling personal information, security is paramount and we use all reasonable measures to safeguard your information and to ensure it is adequately protected.
Our system is hosted by service providers whom we consider to have good reputations for security. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet can be 100% secure, as such while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot, therefore, be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access of your data, which is beyond our control.
Disclosure of your personal informationWe may disclose your data to other third-party service providers to the extent that they need access to your data in order to provide us with their services. We will only use suppliers who provide sufficient guarantees as to the processing of your data, including in relation to keeping it secure.
Your data may also be shared with our staff, bank and payment providers, organisations with the card payment industry to help prevent online fraud, the charity to which you have donated, and law enforcement agencies.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide to them your personal information and/or information concerning your activities whilst visiting the site, we shall be entitled to do so. We are also entitled to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or if we reasonably consider this necessary; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to others.
Charities/not-for-profit organisationsIf you have opted to give Gift Aid, we will share your information with the charity/not-for-profit organisation so that they can submit a claim for Gift Aid. These organisations are not permitted to contact you using the information we have provided to them, other than in connection with the processing of your donation. Doing so is in breach of our policy. We will only share your details for the purpose of marketing if you have opted in for this. To opt out please contact the relevant charity/not-for-profit organisation.
Your rightsYou have various rights with respect to our use of your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your information accurate, current, and complete. You can ask us to correct any incorrect data.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- Erasing and Restricting: You have the right to ask us to erase or restrict your personal information.
- Porting: You have the right to request that your personal information is ported to you.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or of the potential breach, or to seek a remedy through the courts.
When we ask you to supply us with information, it will be clear whether the information we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
Cookie Notice'Cookie' is a name for a small file, usually of letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your device, like your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you visit a website.
They let websites recognise your device, so that the sites can work more effectively, and also gather information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can’t be used to identify you.
The cookies we useWe use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide.
We use all four categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its features, like our shopping basket and your account.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our site, like which pages are visited most.
- Functionality cookies collect anonymous information that remembers choices you make to improve your experience, like your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
- Targeting or advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
Chrome Click Here
Firefox Click Here
Internet Explorer Click Here
Safari Click Here
Complaints and contactIf you have any questions or complaints, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 020 7374 4511
By post: Islam Channel Giving, Media House, 428-432 Ley street, Ilford, IG2 7BS